About This Site
SnuggleParty.org provides information and resources related to snuggle parties and cuddle events. It was inspired by a long-established community of cuddling experts, and the desire to share their knowledge with the rest of the world.
If you’re wondering about any of the following, you’re in the right place:
- how to get more physical affection in your life
- how to be more comfortable with snuggling and cuddling
- how to organize a snuggle party or other platonic touch-positive event
- how to find more touch-positive friends
- how to get a little more information because you’re exploring a career as a professional cuddler
Our Vision for a Touch-Abundant World
Our vision is a planet where nobody has to go without nourishing platonic touch, regardless of relationship status. Chronic loneliness is a thing of the past.
Imagine waking up one morning in the near future, and realizing that several profound changes have occurred in your life:
- You feel more connected to others.
- You resonate with friends on a deeper heartfelt level.
- Physical affection is readily available beyond romantic and sexual relationships.
- Relationships are no longer “all-or-nothing” when it comes to nourishing physical touch. You’ve found a refreshing middle ground between platonic friends who share little or no physical contact, and romantic connections who share all types of contact.
- You’re better at saying “Yes” to what you really want and “No” to what you don’t want, while empowering others around you to do the same.
- Your relationships or dates are no longer so overshadowed by touch-related “neediness.”
- You’re helping to create a healthier, more integrated, holistic, sustainable understanding of how touch and connectedness function in our lives.
These are some pretty fun things to imagine, aren’t they?
In just a few weeks, you can be enjoying warmer and more intimate connections, while also helping others to do the same.
History of Snuggle Parties & This Site
Organized cuddle events date back to at least 2002, when a small group of visionaries in Portland, Oregon began to hold snuggle parties. Formal and informal snuggle gatherings have since become frequent pastimes among segments of the community.
While a number of groups have formed since then, this joyful, connective way of relating still remains a mystery to most people.
A decade after their inception, I discovered snuggle parties and other platonic touch-positive events during a very challenging life transition. I had rarely sought nurturing touch outside of romantic relationships, and found this new approach profoundly supportive.
I was eager to share what I had learned with others, but no books on how to throw such events existed. A few innovative training programs had created talented facilitators, but time and tuition costs still left out many people. So, immersed in a long-established community of grassroots cuddle experts, I created a book and this site.
These resources bring you much of their collective wisdom, developed over many years, with my own experiences and advanced psychology training. Included are the voices of many people who have benefited from snuggle events.
My hope is that you will experience many of the same benefits. Snuggle parties are a powerful tool for helping to create a healthier, more peaceful, more sustainable world.
Snuggle Party Resources on This Site
This site provides various resources to empower you:
- links to several online communities and event planning tools to support you (My intent is to supplement already-existing resources, not to reinvent the wheel.)
- information about The Snuggle Party Guidebook, including free downloadable tools from the book
- answers to a number of snuggling FAQs
- information on the Global Snuggle Party, a fun and easy way to help attract participants as you’re getting started, and a great way to be a part of an exciting larger movement
- links to additional books and informational resources on touch and snuggling
- links to organizations that provide additional training, should you decide you wish to get really serious about event facilitation
- links to snuggle-related businesses and services, in case you decide to explore them alongside hosting your own events
- links to products that can be useful for snuggle parties and cuddle events (I don’t make or sell any of them, but small commissions from any affiliate links help to keep this site running.)